Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Some more tips for surviving NaNo.

Hello, my dears.

Well. I am going to be honest with you. My eyes still have sleep in them, as I am writing this. I am extremely tired... And. And. And. And... I have bumped my word-count back to 80,000.

Yesterday, I was writing (after a long busy day of school... Plus, I'm sick :P) and it hit me like a semi-truck.

There is no earthly way I can get 100,000 words done in one month. And my goal is 120,000.
 
So, yeah... It's A-Okay to bump your word count around. It is really important for you to feel like you can conquer this. Me? From the beginning, when NaNo's word-count calculator spit out the daunting figure of 119,880 it scared me.
 
Yesterday, I thought about the 20,000 words I already had in my novel before NaNo started. How long did it take me to write those? I probably took me a week, putting all the writing time together. But it definitely was spread out all over the place.
 
I decided that 80,000 was a good honest goal to set for myself. And believe me... When I told my mom this... The look of relief on her face was pure magic.
 
Okie-dokie. Enough about my problems. Let's get busy discussing what you can do to help survive the second part of NaNo.
 
 If you are having a problem writing, or with your idea progressing...
 
You can:
 
Take a break.
Go on a walk.
Work on something else (i.e.) schoolwork.
Bake some cookies. (if you want a really good recipe, request in the comments xD)
Listen to some music
Email Writer's Corner for inspiration and help. raneandgraye@gmail.com
 
Well, that's what I have for you today. Tomorrow, I will be posting about the details of those lovely ideas. But for now, you can use your imagination on them.
 
Keep writing, and don't let the NaNo gremlins get you down!
 
~Patricia Rane
 


No comments:

Post a Comment